CCLax COVID Protocol
Three major points
1. If you feel sick or have a fever, do not come to practice.
2. If you test positive for COVID, and you attended a practice or tournament, contact email@example.com immediately.
3. If you are positive for COVID-19, you must immediately isolate for 10 days, according to the AACO Health Department, regardless of vaccination status. This means you are unable to go to school or play any sports.
Any unvaccinated close contacts are required to quarantine (a) for 10 days or (b) quarantine for 7 days with a negative COVID test done between day 5-7. Vaccinated close contacts do not need to be quarantined as long as they do not have symptoms.
CCLax response to a positive COVID case in our club
1. We will notify all members of that team.
2. We will notify all members in the club.
3. We will call the AACDOH to do proper contact tracing.
From the AACO Health Department
We ask that you cooperate and do the following:
1. Encourage all unvaccinated players, coaches, team staff, spectators and parents to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination is the leading public health prevention strategy to end the COVID-19 pandemic. Any vaccinated players, coaches or team staff who are identified as close contacts of a positive case, do not need to quarantine and can continue to play, as long as they are asymptomatic.
2. Provide a complete roster, including names and phone numbers, to the Department of Health when requested. This will allow us to identify the close contacts of the positive case and determine if they need to quarantine. This is key to stopping the spread of COVID-19 and preventing an outbreak.
3. Encourage mask wearing regardless of vaccination status, in crowded outdoors settings like bleachers, outdoor settings where multiple households are mixing for extended periods of time and all indoor settings.
4. Maintain physical distance as much as possible in various settings (i.e., fields, benches/team areas, locker rooms, spectator viewing areas, spectator facilities/restrooms, etc.).
5. Encourage all players, coaches and team staff to stay home if they are sick.